Food Safety

Now offering ONLINE Food Handler Training, only $9.95! TAP Series is ANSI accredited and accepted nationwide. Be sure to click on ILLINOIS FOOD HANDLER course after you register.  You will be taken to the TAP Series website. 


Private classes are available at your place of business.OPEN THIS FLYER for prices and student minimums.  Contact to book dates. 

All classes are conducted in English.  Spanish texts and exams available upon request. Contact, or 773-550-9642.


Chicago Food Safety Manager classes:
ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certification and City of Chicago Food Manager Certificate, good for five years, provided class completed and 75% test score. Class is one day only, so 1st timers be sure to get your text in advance after registration.  You'll get instructions in an email from Brown Paper Tickets.

You MUST bring photo ID in order to take exam.

St. Michael's Church Parish Center
1711 N. Cleveland, in Old Town
FREE parking (bring your own coffee)
More details and FAQ's

$275 includes textbook, exam and City of Chicago certificate.

Tuesday, September 13, 8:30am-5:30pm
Tuesday, October 18, 8:30am-5:30pm
Tuesday, November 8, 8:30am-5:30pm


Chicago Food Safety Manager EXAM ONLY

For anyone that needs to retake the exam, or has taken an online class and needs to take the exam only.  Same location as class listed above: St. Michael's Parish Center, 1711 N Cleveland. 

EXAM ONLY fee is $175 and includes your City of Chicago certificate. EXAM ONLY participants MUST do the following:

1. arrive promptly at 3:30pm
2. EVERYONE: bring Photo ID, it's mandatory
3. Online students: proof of training hours from online class
4. If you are a past LSK class student, you may attend all or any portion of the class on this day at no extra charge. 

Students have up to 2 hours to complete exam. Dates:


Tuesday, September 13, 3:30pm-5:30pm
Tuesday, October 18, 3:30pm-5:30pm

Tuesday, November 8, 3:30pm-5:30pm

Check back for future dates or follow @logansqkitchen on twitter. 


Summer Festival Certificates - 2016 Class is Available

This class is required for anyone serving food at temporary outdoor events.  Class lasts 3 hours, there is no exam.  Currently, no public classes are available.  LSK will teach a class for any event or group upon request: $50 per person, 10-person minimum.

Certificates take about a 7-10 days to process. Contact, or you can text or call 773-550-9642.


Safe Food Handler Training

As mentioned in my blog, Illinois requires Safe Food Handler Training for all employees (except Certified Food Managers) that handle food or food contact surfaces effective July 1, 2016.  New law FAQ's here. 


Certificates Explained:  CLICK HERE to see all the certificates for food managers and handlers working in Chicago. 

Need a City or State certificate?  If you have either City or State Certificate, and need the other, you can obtain by using the forms we have linked below:

If you have a City of Chicago Certificate, but need one from State of Illinois, USE THIS FORM.

If you have a State of Illinois Certificate, but need one from City of Chicago, USE THIS FORM.